Monday, July 30, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

Hey all!  I know it has been just a tiny smooch since I've updated.  So much has been going on and I have been trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the summer, staying away from the computer a fair bit.

Today was actually a pretty dern exciting day in the Crankypants household.  For the first time in a decade, I went to work at an out of the house, full time gig.  It is going to be a big change, the first time I have worked full time out of the home since Henry has existed, but it is good change.  I will be working at a school I believe in with people I like.  My bossman is amazing and I can already tell that I am going to learn a ton working with him and the other folks there.

So...what does this mean for Crankypants?  Well, I'm not sure quite yet.  I do know that my partnership with the knitting co-op in Peru has been getting progressively more difficult to maintain, and once my current in stock is gone there will be no more "Classic" in stock Crankypants.  We will go back to being an all custom business, and the amount of work I will be able to do is likely to ebb and flow. I am actually looking forward to knitting and crafting for family and friends again- a brave new world!  Think of all the inappropriate embroidery I can do without a giant looming customs list!

So this is a big year.  Henry starts 4th grade.  I go back to work.  Ready, steady, go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you in your new adventures. I am sure you will continue to be creative and artistic in your pursuits!

Anonymous said...

Wow. A fourth grader in 2012. You have an 7th or 8th grader now. Whoa. I had never heard that.