Monday, March 12, 2012

59- 64/366 {Charleston Pt.1}

This past weekend we decided to take advantage of my folks moving so close by, dropped the kid off and headed on down to Charleston for a couple of days. We don't shop and we don't drink, so the name of the game was food (especially my favorite- sweets), and Charleston didn't disappoint.



We found this super cute candy store called The Robot Candy Company with an epic wall of gummies. It was about the twee-est place on Earth, in the best possible way.



We walked an awful lot to burn off some of the good eatin' calories and found an amazing graveyard outside an old church. It was one of probably 8000 in the city, but I loved the "cherub" on a cluster of family graves in this one.



I have a thing for cupcakes, so we made our way to the shop on the main drag, called (wait for it) Cupcake. We walked in and it looked like a little girl's best dream, all pink and white and cupcake-y. Kyle and I both opted for the "Black Tuxedo"- a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting, the tip dipped in a chocolate ganache. Yeah. The frosting to cupcake ratio was a little off for me making it a bit too sweet, but it was still damn good. It would have been better if I had thought to procure a cup of coffee to go with it.



We woke up early the next morning and headed over the river to West Ashley and The Early Bird Diner. We heard that they have the best chicken and waffles in the country and I had to try them. I've never had chicken and waffles before and was actually a little skeptical. I'm one of those people that doesn't like their food to touch and asks for the sauce on the side. This came with the waffles covered in syrup and the chicken drizzled with honey mustard sauce. Touching. I threw caution to the wind and just dove into it and was so happy I did! It was amazing. Amazing. Seriously.

And then we walked some more...

No comments: