Saturday, January 01, 2011

Kudo Wavy

I knit this scarf for my 17 year old step-daughter, Quillan (hey, Q!) for her birthday in November (Scorpio Power!) and never managed to snap a picture of it finished before I sent it off to Maine. When I saw her at Christmas I harassed her into sending me a couple of shots.

I knit it up out of a single skein of Plymouth Kudo, a silk blend. It is a pretty basic drop stitch pattern consisting of rows of 1, 2, and 3 yarn overs, drop stitch and plain garter rows. The pattern was varied enough to keep me interested, easy enough to do while watching tv and quick enough for some instant length gratification. I am normally a 100% wool girl, but I actually quite liked the Kudo's silk blend.





1 comment:

Pretty Up said...

I thought that hen had lipstick on it until I clicked on the picture and realized it was the gizzard.