Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Whew!

With Henry home with me the days are slipping by so quickly I've not been very good about blogging. It has been a great and crazy few days, though.

Friday night I went to my first country auction and it was fabulous. It was SO "my thing". I could sit and watch for hours. As it was, we were there long enough for me to go a little overboard bidding on an old oak library table (which will be my work table once I've given it a little TLC) and then redeemed myself by having the mother of all scores for Kyle:






I got the 3 cameras, all which are in great condition with their original cases, a couple of external flashes with bulbs and about 10 boxes of slides of someone's 1975 European vacation (think Carol Brady standing in front of Stonehenge) all for the whopping sum of...ten dollars. Score!

I also finished Sandra's heavy wetting sea shore longies this weekend. I love the colors she chose:



They will begin the long journey to their new home in Croatia this afternoon.

Yesterday we went to our friends Jess and Noah's house. Jess owns and operates the amazing baby boutique Quilt Baby and once upon a time we got the boys together to play while we worked several times a week. With the boys in school and business out of control, it had been a while and I forgot how absolutely lovely it is to sit and chat with Jess while we work.

In the afternoon we went to what will be our new house to do a walk through and check out all of the repairs that were supposed to be done. The wife of the couple we are buying the house from is due to go into labor on our actual closing date, so I think they are anxious (and rightly so) to get things wrapped up on their end. We have one wonky faucet that needs to be fixed, but other than that we are ready to go! I stood in my office for a long time trying to picture what it would look like when it was all set up. It is a funny little room and it should be fun to plan it all out. I can't wait to share pictures with everyone! But since we are venturing up to New England to see the fam just a handful of days after we move in-it may be a while.

I can't WAIT to go, though. It is going to be just the break I need from all this stress, stress, stress! I can't wait to see everyone and see how huge my nephew is getting in person. Someone asked in the comments the other day where I am going. I will fly into Hartford and stay with my folks (in a tiny town called Vernon) for a day or so before packing Henry up and heading to Burlington, VT to see my brother, sister in law and nephew for the weekend. Then I'll head back down to CT to finish out the week and weekend with my folks, where my poor dear mother will be forced to play Star Wars for days at a time. I'm also secretly thinking of a day trip to Web's in Northampton if we have time. Anyone want to have a knitting meet up while I'm up there? That might be fun.

Okay. I'm off to get Henry ready for a much needed hair cut.

2 comments:

physlet said...

Great auction finds! I always get way overexcited at auctions, which I've been told is terribly annoying to the hard-core antique dealers. Have fun on your vacation, and I can't wait to see pics of your new house once you're settled!

Anonymous said...

Your brother lives in Burlington? How cool.. we're abotu 1/2 hour-45 min north.. DH used ot work right off church street. VERY FUN! Too bad i haven't scored a custom yet... i could get it hand delivered :) Anyway.... enjoy your trip.. should be nice weather by then it's pretty yucky right now!