Friday, February 15, 2008

The Temptation of Adam

Since yesterday was all about luuuuurve, I meant to write about my most favorite love song ever. The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter is one of my favorite albums that came out last year, and it has been on heavy rotation at Crankypants HQ for a while now. As soon as Track 04 starts and I hear the horns come in a la Otis Redding's Try a Little Tenderness, my eyes start to mist over. Every time. Because I know what follows is the sweetest and most wonderful love song-the kind that makes you think 'If someone wrote that for me I'd drop dead on the spot and be perfectly okay with it'. It begins:

If this was the Cold War
We could keep each other warm
I said on the first occasion that I met Marie
We were crawling through the hatch
That was the missile silo door
And I don't think that she really thought that much of me

It is an unlikely set up for The Most Amazing love Song of All Time, but you're going to have to trust me on this one. You can hear it here.

If you had a crappy Valentine's Day and want to hear his equally awesome Traffic-esque break up song Rumors, go here instead...

I've also gotten some Crakypants customer love over the last few days, so I wanted to share with you!




Tomorrow night I am going to the 2nd Annual Brian P.'s Birthday/Karaoke Bash. I have to dress up like a rock start, which is going to be tough. I was thinking of playing it safe (Natalie Merchant) or glaming it up classic style (Joan Jett) but I saw this really cute/ugly green floral skirt at Target yesterday that made me think of Lily Allen, so I think I am going to go that way instead. I got the fishnets, but now I need to find some black boots, and what to wear on top? I don't know, I suck at this stuff. And I don't have bangs. I'll have to figure out some sort of up do thing. Help, fashonistas, help!

No comments: