Sunday, December 23, 2007

I Know Where the Magpies Go...

You know how they say that Magpies collect and hoard shiny shiny things so they can look all flashy and attract a mate? Apparently the magpies have decided to take all their shiny things and collectively move them to South Miami Beach! Either that or there is a seriously deranged Bedazzler maniac on the loose down there. We are back from our mini adults only vacation in South Beach and still recovering from sparkle overload syndrome. I have never seen so much sparkle in all my life. Shiny sparkling belt buckles as big as your head. T shirts with skull and bones designs all outlined in sparkles. I am so NOT Miami Beach it is kind of laughable. We walked about 7,000 miles and poked around a bunch. We loved the feel of Espanola Way. We had horrible disappointing Cuban food at this place we heard was awesome but was depressing and bland-pretty much the opposite of what we expected from Cuban food. We had amazing pizza at Spris and great breakfasts at The Front Porch. I wanted so badly to get Henry a "My Parents Went to Miami Beach and All I Got Was Lousy T Shirt" t shirt but I guess they don't make those anymore. I missed the little man so much and came running up the stairs to snatch him up and twirl him lovingly in my arms as he beamed at my return and told me how much he missed me, but all I got was a vague look my way and an "Oh, hi". Pttttthhhhh...

Little Mr. Independent is napping right now and everyone else is watching football so I really should take this opportunity to catch up on some work. I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: