Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home!!!

Whew! That, I can honestly say, was the drive from Hell. Kyle and Henry couldn't tear themselves away from the sunny beach and I had to get back to the mountainous pile of work waiting for me, so I decided to make the 12 hour trip back by myself. It was totally fine until Atlanta. There I sat in stop and go traffic for 2 hours and then it started to rain. And got dark. Ick. I won't give you a blow by blow, but let's just say the only things that got me through safely were about 753 tiny little cans of Starbucks Espresso Doubleshot from gas station coolers and the album The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter, which I can't get enough of and am actually listening to right now.

But now that I'm home I can post some pictures! We didn't take a ton, especially in Miami. Kyle was in charge of the camera, so all the shots we have from there are of sports cars (which I hate) and architecture. Not a single picture with one of us in it. Oops.




I did make him take a picture of this 10 foot tall dreidle made entirely of sea shells. It was paired with an even more gigantic sea shell menorah. Now that, my friends, is some serious commitment to a crafty idea.



And from Kyle's folks' house:










I'll be back later with wooly pictures. I need to wait for some decent light...

No comments: