Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

I know I promised wooly pictures yesterday but it is so miserable here I couldn't drag my butt out into the grim to take any. They would have been ick anyway. Tomorrow Asheville is supposed to be back to her bright and sunshiny self so they will be up tomorrow. Pinky swear. The good news is that I have 3 pairs of longies done and ready to ship in the AM. The black, lime and aqua monsters are done, the hippo is done and Mr. Beaver is done. The last little custom for the month, the little brown bear, is on the needles and I am still holding out hope I can ship them on the first. We'll see.

Since that time is rolling around again, it's time to revisit the whole customs dealio...

I open for custom orders via email (info[at]crankypantshome[dot]com) on the first of each month. All you have to do is email me on the first between 10am and 12 noon EST (an important tidbit I forgot last month) letting me know that you would like to place a custom order. I take as many orders as I can for the month (using a random number generator) and everyone else goes on a waiting list. It starts all over again each month. I know it is crazy, but it is the only way that works for the time being. Crankypants longies run from $78-90 and shorties from $50-65 depending on measurements and design. I do my very best to complete all custom orders the month the order is taken so, depending where you fall on the list, turnaround time is anywhere between 1-5 weeks. I do ship anywhere in the world for an additional charge depending on destination.

The boys got home safe and sound last night. I was so relieved when Kyle knocked on the door. It had been rainy and gross their whole trip and they had been in the car for 16 hours, so I was having visions of Kyle falling asleep at the wheel or some other awful thing happening. Mom panic. Since it was so rainy and grey all day and Henry deserved a special treat for being an amazing little traveler yesterday we went to a matinee of Bee Movie today. I'm not really a Jerry Seinfeld fan so I had pretty low expectations, but it was alright. Now what we are going to do with him for the next 3 days until he goes back to school, I don't know. He has been spoiled by grandparents and beaches and pools and things. Time to give those new Christmas toys a good workout I guess.

I can't believe tomorrow is New year's Eve. The chances of me actually being awake to ring in the new year? Slim.

Oh, and Go Pats!!!

No comments: