Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day!

To all the great Daddies out there, thank you for helping us change diapers, humoring us when we wouldn't be quiet about a new baby accessory you couldn't care less about, giving us time to pee by ourselves (sometimes), letting us sleep late on Saturday after a week of being up all night with the croupy baby, telling us our stretch marks give us character and the extra 10 pounds we've been carrying around since we gave birth make us curvy and sexy, understanding that staying home with the kids is a full time job and giving us support while doing it. We love you, even though you drive us batshit crazy sometimes.

And to my own Daddy... thank you for encouraging me to think big or giving me a dose of reality, depending on what the situation required. I've made the journey from a youngin' who knew everything to an adult who knows only how little I know. Finally. Thanks for not throwing me off the Brooklyn Bridge or sending me to the nunnery. I like to think that I've helped (maybe a leeeeetle) you mellow as you've helped me grow. I feel so blessed by the relationship we have, as I know that it is a rare thing to be 31 and able to call your father "Daddy" and mean it. I love you! Henry loves you! We can't wait to see you in a short little month.

I was hoping to be able to post pictures of Lindy's Monster Mama, but I am just starting the second leg. I am hoping to finish them tonight while watching Fast Food Nation. I knit leg numero uno last night while watching Pan's Labyrinth. So. Good. Hopefully I'll have pictures up before we leave for The Great Camping Trip of 2007 tomorrow afternoon.

Night night!

No comments: