Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring Again!

We have thawed out once again, thankfully. Yesterday I cut back all of the hostas along the walk that were liquified by the late frost and the yard looks much less depressing. We spent yesterday painting some old furniture and getting the yard in order. I wish I had taken before pictures but, alas, I didn't think of it until we were already half done.

I finished some shorties:



Now I am finishing up a biiiig pair of longies and getting ready to preview my May stocking. I got these in just in time for Mother's Day:


and they will be up on the first along with some yarn balls using these gorgeous skeins of Malabrigo:


Malabrigo is an amazingly soft single ply merino wool which is hand dyed by a womens' cooperative in Uruguay. It is wonderful to knit with and the colorways and solids both knit up beautifully. The yarn balls will be stuffed full of all sorts of goodies for the knitting mama. I'll also be stocking some fun stitch markers on their own. I should have a preview up in the next couple of days over at HC.

Things I am loving right now:
-the weather!
- the movie Stranger Than Fiction
- the new Apples in Stereo album
- Henry's new interest in the Solar System

I hope everyone is well.

No comments: