Monday, March 12, 2007

Amy and Melanie's Shorties

Alright, the first two shorties of March are done and will be heading off to their new homes first thing in the morning.

Amy's Monster Booty Shorties:




Melanie's Dead Bear Shorties (I can't wait to see these with the tie dye they were made to match):

The sun is hitting them in a way that is making them look a little more red than they really are.

We had a gorgeous weekend here, so we went out and hiked around in the woods yesterday. Despite getting lost on an old dirt road and taking 2 hours to get home, it was a lovely day. I think that Henry could throw rocks into water for hours and never get bored. He also loved practicing his high wire act on some fallen trees.



Tomorrow it is supposed to be 70 degrees. WooHoo!

It is going to be a big day for me tomorrow. The third and fourth graders I have been tutoring have their end of grade writing test. Yikes! I am nervous for all of them. For the past year I have been volunteering with Leaf in Schools and Streets, which is the outreach program of a local music and arts festival. With the tutoring after my regular work hours I had to put it on hold for a bit. I get to go back tomorrow, so that will be exciting. I also just got a grant approved to have Billy Jonas come into one of my third grade classrooms and do a workshop with the kids. Yay! He will come and do a 2 hour workshop with them and then they get to perform in front of the whole school. In May, they then get to go to the LEAF festival and perform with Billy in front of the whole festival! How exciting is that? The permission slips go home tomorrow and I have to say that I am a little nervous about the parental response. We'll just have to wait and see.

Jennifer, your monster longies are up next m'dear.

No comments: