Monday, May 24, 2010

TKD Testing- May 2010

Friday night I got to test for my yellow belt with all the other white and white-yellows who are movin' on up. Yes, I did paint my toenails yellow to match my new belt. No, I didn't get any pictures.

Yesterday the upper belts had their testing. Since I was already done, I got to sit back, relax and enjoy the show. I had a lot of friends testing in the upper ranks and it was awesome to watch them kick ass! Testing is broken down into 4 sections:

Every time you reach a new belt level you get to learn a new series of moves put together in a sort of routine that you perform as a whole. These are called forms. Each form is meant to teach you a new set of techniques, and the higher you go the more complex they get.









Next up are one steps. One steps are a series of reactions to a punch to the face. One partner repeatedly punches towards the othe partner's face and that person reacts to it using different moves.










Sparring.







And my favorite... board breaking!










3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. However, we need to see some pictures of you.

KL said...

I concur. Also, I hope you know the mom of that little girl with the pigtails, because she is kicking some butt in those photos...mantel worthy.

KidTaster said...

We do, K. She is the daughter of friends and goes to school with Henry. She is the sweetest thing on 2 legs until she steps on the mat. Then it's badass time!