Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wheel in the Sky Keeps on Turnin'

Every week I talk to my mom and tell her "It's crazy now, but it will settle down next week". That same conversation has been deja vu-ing itself into ridiculousness for about 9 months now. This summer has been no different.

Yesterday was Henry's 6th birthday and it made me want to just freeze frame (freeze frame!) the rest of the summer so we can hang out and have fun together before he's in FIRST GRADE and we get so caught up in the school year that I look up and he's turning 7. He starts Camp Invention on Monday-the premise being that they crash down on a foreign planet on Monday morning and spend the rest of the week examining their surroundings and rebuilding their space ship- so Kyle and I are planning on busting some serious booty during the days while he's gone to make a dent in the vast studio to-do list. Kyle is out there painting right now, though, so pictures should be forthcoming. I plan on spending a lot of the time after camp playing Clue and Blockus, reading (and listening to Henry read) Stink, Jack Perlutsky, Horrid Henry and (of course) Magic Tree House and goofing around.

I will likely be a bit scarce around these here parts for a while. "Microblogging" has been much easier for me to keep up with, so if you want to stay in the loop, click on one of those links over there on the left to follow me on Facebook or Twiter. I wish I had some amazing Crankypants news for you, but the big box of Good News and New Things has apparently been lost by customs in Atlanta. I am hoping it will get to me sometime next week, but since there is nothing I can do to hurry them along in finding said Good News and Good Things, I am trying not to think about it.

I hope all is well with you!

1 comment:

physlet said...

Happy Birthday to Henry, and Hooray for Cancers in general!!! I hope things calm down for you soon, and that you are able to recover your box of Good News and Good Things from ATL customs:)