Friday, June 27, 2008

Le Sigh...

Well, the Peru box didn't make it here, today guys. I'm so sorry! If there was something I could have done, I would, but it got held up at customs in Lima and then again in Atlanta, so that was that. It is unfortunate timing that it happened RIGHT before I leave town for 10 days, but honestly, this whole month and a half has been sort of a crazy mess with traveling, Henry home, moving, etc. and I am just happy to be alive and sane at this point, lol. I have worked it out so they will get here the day I return from MI and I will do all invoicing the very same day. I know this delay is going to put me past the 45 day mark I set out when I took deposits (it will be more like 49 days), so if anyone would rather take their deposit back than wait the extra time, please let me know. I'm hoping that the next round will be a bit smoother, and the next smoother, etc. until it's like buttah.

Now, off to pack and get ready for the northward pilgrimage.

The good news is that today was Kyle's last day of teaching summer school so starting when we get back from MI, he will (in theory) be primary caregiver to the wee beast (and he has truly been living up to that last bit the last few days) so I should get back to working semi-full time in the (relative) quiet of my loverly office. I caaaaaaan't waiiiiiiiiiiiit...

2 comments:

physlet said...

I doubt anyone is going to hold a couple of days over your head, so you can relax and have a good trip. Enjoy your time with the in-laws sans the distractions of modern technology...lots of time to talk. You may end up enjoying that 20 minute drive to town more than you think;)

Anonymous said...

Good thing they didn't make it in time. I'm broke till next week :) LOL can't wait to get them when you get back and enjoy your trip!