Monday, June 23, 2008

Classic Crankys Update

Well, I spoke to my contact in Peru and it looks like the box has been held up in Lima. If it goes out tonight like they promised him, he will do his absolute best to have it to my door on Friday, in which case I can send balance invoices and print out all the shipping labels here Friday night, take the box with me on the road and ship the orders from MI as payments come in. If they are held up further, I will have to have someone pick the box up for me while we're gone and ship as soon as I get home July 7th or 8th. I know that is super stinky, but there is really nothing I can do about it except remember that doing business this way-with actual people and not machines-requires a little more patience sometimes. I hope y'all understand and I'll absolutely keep you in the loop and let you know as soon as I hear anything.

ALSO. End/beginning of the month falls smack in the middle of this trip. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but Kyle's folks don't have internet, or even a computer (or even a phone) at the up north house. I'm going to bring Kyle's laptop and cross my fingers that someone nearby has wireless I can use, but if that isn't the case I'll have to make the 20 minute drive into town every time I check email. I'm going to try to keep everything running as normally as possible, but I might only be able to check mail once a day, which is stinky for my customs folks who are excited and want to chat. I'll be a chatty Cathy as soon as I get back to town, but if you are going for a custom slot just know that communication might be kind of sparse until I get home.

After that I am home for a good long while, so all of this crazy travel business will not resume again until holiday when we all go a little nuts again.

Lastly, for Crankypants fans in the Chicago area, check us out in the CosmoTot column in the Spring issue of Chicago Baby Magazine under the heading "Pick of the Knitter". Thanks for the mention, Pilar!

Meg and Kristi-your longies will be in the mail tomorrow, pictures to come.
Dom-I got the cards, they are amazing! I'm waiting on the Classics for your big package o' Cranky goodness.
Necia and Karen-I'm still working on it. I hope to get them both out by the time I leave for MI.

I think that's everyone!

No comments: