Monday, March 31, 2008

Home and Stuff...

Whew! That was one. long. drive. We left FL at about 7 yesterday morning and, after 3 hours of stop and go in GA, made it home just before 9 last night. Henry did great but I could tell he was miserable most of the time. Poor kid. I am so glad to be home! And it is much easier to come home when right inside the front door is a pile of goodies waiting for you. But that's another post. I'm in a time crunch (is it really the last day of the month???) so I wanted to make a little business post before I forget.

First off, a few folks have expressed concern about multiple people in a household emailing me on the first for a custom slot for the same child. Since I had previously requested that people don't enlist stalking help, they wanted clarification of the "rules". I've been thinking about it all month and I still don't really know how I feel about it. I really don't want this to be a popularity contest. I don't want a bunch of emails all going for a custom slot for the same child. But who am I to say a papa can't have his own idea and want to go for his own slot, too? I think that everyone knows the intent of my "one email per kid" rule. If we could respect that intent, that would be awesome. If your partner (or mom or whatever) has their OWN idea for a custom slot and they want to go for it independently of you, fine. But I expect to be working with them on the order, not you. As with all "rules" that aren't carved into stone, if I see people starting to abuse this grey area and take advantage, I will have to reconsider and make a strict "one email per child, no exceptions" policy, which stinks. As far as 2 (or more) kiddo families? It seems fair to me that you can send one email per child. Just put the different kids' names in the subject line so I know it isn't a duplicate email. And if by chance you get picked for more than one and you have 2 Crankified siblings running around? I need pictures. Seriously. And, once again (and I hate that this needs to be said), if I find out people are making up siblings for their children so they can email more than once for the same child (I know it seems ridiculous, but believe me-it does need to be said) I will change this, too. You know what's right. Just please don't try to get away with something and play fair so we can all have fun with this and keep any drama far, far away.

Also, since I was out of town last week, auctions are starting a day late this time around. The first one is today and 3 more will follow through the 3rd.

And since tomorrow is the first of the month, here's the custom ordering blurb for the newbs:

I open for custom orders via email (info[at]crankypantshome[dot]com) on the first of each month. All you have to do is email me on the first between 10am and 12 noon EST letting me know that you would like to place a custom order. I take as many orders as I can for the month (using a random number generator). It starts all over again each month. I know it is crazy, but it is the only way that works for the time being. Crankypants longies run from $78-90 and shorties from $50-65 depending on measurements and design. I do my very best to complete all custom orders the month the order is taken so, depending where you fall on the list, turnaround time is anywhere between 1-5 weeks. I do ship anywhere in the world for an additional charge depending on destination. Please note: Insurance is ALWAYS offered. If you choose not to get insurance, I can't be responsible for anything that might happen between my hands and your doorstep. I do not currently and do not plan to sell the Crankypants pattern. It is all in my little head and to translate it from Amyspeak into language that is actually understandable would be a chore I am not up to tackling.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at info@crankypantshome.com

There will be a bunch of updates today, so jump back!

No comments: