Monday, January 14, 2008

Erica's Stripe-a-Dot Monster Longies

Ms. Erica sent me a sketch of how she wanted her custom monster booty longies to look and I did my best to come close (that waistband color change was made after the picture was sent). I've never done anything like her combination of stripes and dots before so I was a little nervous, but I love the way they turned out. I hope she does, too!




This weekend was a complete anomaly for me. I went out Friday AND Saturday night- can you believe it? Friday night we joined another couple at a friend's house for dinner. Two almost-four year olds and a four and a half year old playing together for hours and nary an argument was had. It was amazing. Great food, great company and adult conversation. Craziness! Saturday night my friend Tommy called at the last minute and asked if I wanted to go see Juno. Since Kyle was parked in front of football playoffs (Go Pats!), I ran out the door immediately. I had pretty high expectations of this movie and it didn't disappoint. It was funny and sweet and the dialogue was wonderful. I also have to give a nod to the kick booty soundtrack by Kimya Dawson. I love Kimya so I am a biased listener, but I thought she was a perfect fit for the movie and it couldnt' have been done better. It actually seems like we've seen a slew of really great movies lately. I think the writers' strike is doing wonders for the movie rental industry.

Now it is time to recover from my awesome weekend and get back to work! The house is a disaster and my needles are calling my name...

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Those longies are so fun - that will be one styling kiddo! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty darn unique and cute...

And I'm so jealous...I have a girl's night planned for next week, so maybe I can talk them into seeing that film. I've been wanting to see it since it previewed..