Monday, December 03, 2007

Genius!!!

Last time we visited my folks, they bought Henry this little set of card with questions on them, I think they are called Brain Quest. He loves them. All the toys in this house and he is constantly asking me to "do questions". Lately he's been showing real interest in reading, asking what specific words are, trying to sound things out, etc. When we read books together he'll read some words, but we've read all his books a million times so I figured he just had them memorized a bit. Well, on a whim last night I sat down and made him some word flashcards, thinking they'd be kind of like the questions he loves so much. I figured we'd go through them and sound them out together and talk about beginning and ending words and whatnot. He. read. them. all. On the first try. Whipped right through them. door, foot, car, drum, go, yes, cat, up, down, red, sun, mom, Henry, girl, no, dad, one, water, cup, all, stop, blue, boy, do, and of course...yarn. Then he asked me to make more. I swear I have to idea where this kid came from. No thanks mom, I don't want to play with my cars-but can you quiz me with the flashcards again?


In other news, I still haven't heard from the last person on my customs list. I've never had that happen before! I'm unsure of what I should do. How long should I wait? Hmmmmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't wait..haha..just pass it on to me. :)

Just kidding...as much as I'd love a slot, I'd hate to take that from another mama...

I'm hoping she's just not where she can e-mail back right away...(or doesn't want it anymore..:) )

Anonymous said...

Oh and Yay for Henry!! So accomplished..good job.

Anonymous said...

Awww! My brother tought himself to read at 4 years old, he's 31 now and yeah, he is a genius ;)

Congrats to Henry!

Jaime said...

That's awesome for the little guy! I have a four year old doing the same thing. Great idea about the flashcards...do ya happen to have pics of them to share for inspiration?