Wednesday, November 21, 2007

'amember Me?

It's been a while, no? I wanted to leave the Life and Style article up for a while because it directed people here instead of to the site, so I wanted them in the loop a little bit. If you are here because of the Life and Style article thingie, there is a link to the actual store over there on the left.

Things have been fairly crazed around here with the holidays looming and whatnot. I went to the store today and saw the unmistakable Girl Scout display that screamed "Thin Mint Therapy"! My mouth started watering and I elbowed several old ladies out of the way to get to the table only to discover that it was a table full of Girl Scouts selling...nuts? NUTS? I mean, come on, people! They couldn't possibly think that anyone could prefer nuts to a nice Samoa or Tagalong. They were there simply to toy with my emotions. No fair.

I took the Hand Made Pledge, promising to ask for and give hand made products this holiday season whenever possible and that is proving quite a task. I have yet to find a quilted Wii cozy for Kyle and/or my dad. I am discovering that the men in my life aren't quite as into the craftiness as I am. I think I can score some cool hand made stuff for all of my female family members, but good man gear is rare and expensive. If I had a big ole cash wad to blow I would head on over to Working Class Hero and buy them all amazing tech accessories. I have had my eye on one of their super swank tech cases for a while now and when I finally went to email the link to my mama today it had sold out. Wah! It was so pretty, too. To help those of us who want to support indie designers out this time of year, Threadless is having a major tee sale right now with most things $10. When your alarm goes off Friday morning and you think about whether or not you reeeaaaaaally need to hit that 4am box store super sale, remember that you have the alternative of staying in bed for another 3 hours (more if you don't have kids) and knocking out your gift list in one fell swoop in your jammies while supporting some pretty dern cool artists to boot.

I do have a pair of Crankys finished and ready to ship on Friday but I didn't manage to snap a picture of them yet. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for mentioning those stores for guys, I'm having a hard time finding gifts for the guys too! I just picked up a tee from Threadless. :) Do you have a link to the Working Class Hero site? I can't seem to find it...

Thanks!

KidTaster said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5250089

Happy Shopping! I am going to start my shopping in the AM since we are doing our Xmas with my family in 2 weeks! If I find more good ones I'll let you know ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, and Happy Thankgiving! :)