Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall is Here!!!

Well, we had about the most perfect Fall day you could possibly ask for over here today.

This morning we woke up and piled into the car to make the 40 or so minute drive to Sky Top Orchard, the place we go for apples every Fall. We got there right as they opened and had the place almost all to ourselves.

When we went there in 2004:



Today:







We fed the goats and roosters a bunch of cracked corn from one of those little machines...



We were home for about 5 minutes when our good friends Kate and Adam called up and invited us over for a little football watching party at their place. They have an "older" (4 and a half as opposed to just 4) little boy named Sam so Henry was psyched. We whiled away the afternoon around the kitchen table and in front of the tv in the den chatting and having a great time.

Henry is out of the bath and mesmerized by a Wow, Wow, Wubzy! before hitting the sack early.

I also have 2 pairs of longies from the list ready to go out first thing in the morning:

I'm calling these Raspberry Truffle Monster longies because that's all I couls think about while I was knitting them up for Keri:



And Lisa's Rainbow Monsters with a rolled cuff:



And I love to see different colored stripes together, so I made a monster smanwich...



I hope all is well with everyone!

Amy's Work Countdown: 3 days. Meaning tomorrow is the last Monday I'll have to go to work. Yes, you will have to listen to this every day...

2 comments:

anniebel said...

Oh Wow! I can bearly bare to see the sprout sprout! Look! Watch out!! He grew again! Big Hug!!! Memere & Pepere Miss sooooooooooooooooo much! I wish I could give a big hug! ( I know, like he would let me!) Love ya

Jessie said...

LOVE Sky Top! It was HOT HOT HOT down here in the foothills - spent yesterday hanging out by a pool! The longies you finished are beautiful, as always, and have fun with that countdown!