Monday, July 30, 2007

A Hard Raaaaiiiiiiin...

It has been all thundery and gloomy here for an hour or so and I can't wait for the sky to open up and just pour rain on us (and our tomato plants). I hope it isn't one of those all bark and no bite afternoons. Grey and thunder filled skies with no rain is just so unsatisfying.

I finished Shannon's striped monster redux and it will be going in the mail this afternoon.



Can you tell I am obsessed with PhotoShopping the backgrounds out of things?

I want to do a big post with some customer pictures that I have gotten over the last few months, but I don't have time right now. I am trying to prepare myself for the beginning of this month's madness tomorrow. I have some really cute ones, too. And if YOU have a picture of your wee beastie in some Crankypants, send 'em on! I am redoing the site sometime before the holidays and I'd love to use some customer pictures.

It seems like there were a bunch of things that I wanted to write about but I am so lame that they have all slipped right out of my head.

OH! Speaking of customer input... the theme for the Fall FEAST stocking is all things literary. I picked it, yay me! I have some ideas floating around, but I wanted to open it up to you guys, too. If anyone has any lunimary literary longies ideas, let me know. Harry Potter and Pippi Longstockings are in the works...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get your rain? :)

KidTaster said...

We sure did. About a half hour later it poured. It was wonderful!

Taryn said...

I can't wait to see the Harry Potter!!!

Anonymous said...

What about Nancy Drew (really just a girl with a magnifying glass, which is always cool) or the Wicked Witch of the West?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Pippi sounds awesome.

Reese and Ramie's Mama said...

Without a doubt, you need a Crankypants rendition of one of the Where the Wild Things Are monsters! (Or Max, himself: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060254920/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-7374897-6128855#reader-link )

And, ooh! OOH! I would probably cry (big, fat tears that puddled around my feet and made squishy sounds when I walked) if you did David Shannon's 'No, David'--with little tufts of hair on top and maybe little ears like you do for your sock monkeys: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0590930028/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-7374897-6128855#reader-link http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0439050227/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-7374897-6128855#reader-link

OR, The Very Hungry Caterpillar in a cool variegated green on the bum w/ a fruit on the front leg cuff?

Lastly, how about a visit to 1955 with Harold and the Purple Crayon? Black longies, purple squiggles around the legs ending in Harold's Face on the booty: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060229357/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-7374897-6128855#reader-link

Man. I would die. I would just die. (Figuratively, of course)