Sunday, July 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

To me. Today is Kyle and my seventh wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. I'm not old enough to have been married that long! I wish I had pictures to post so I could take a little walk down memory lane, but it was so long ago that I have actual prints of the affair and not digital files. If I had a scanner I'd do it up, but alas, no. To celebrate we are going to leave Henry with friends and go to see Harry Potter and go out to dinner. I'm really crazy excited about the new book, but I am looking forward to seeing the movie, too. Even though after seeing certain internet pictures of a certain young wizard with all of his business blowing in the breeze it might not be quite the same.

Only a few more days until we leave for CT. Henry said he is "very happy to be going to see Memere and Pepere". When pushed to say why, he noted that Pepere "is the silliest guy of all" and Memere lets him "throw squishy balls at her". All true.

I made this cool monster bag over the past few days. I knit it on the Bond and then pieced it together. Then hand felted it (since I have a front loading washer) and let it dry overnight. After that I used heavy duty iron on adhesive stuff to stick this kick booty monster patch from Fishcakes onto the front and then sewed all around with some red embroidery floss to give it that extra little fanciness.



Worst. PhotoShop. Ever. But I hit "Save" accidentally and don't think I can get Henry to model for me again.

I made it so that it is a good size for a small shoulder bag for an adult or and across the chest bag for a wee beastie. I like across the chest bags for Henry because he can run and stop and bend and jump and put things in and take things out without having it fall off of his shoulder every 5 seconds. It is just the right size for a wallet, sunglasses and a Blueberry Morning Luna Bar, or... a sock knitting project, or... 27 rocks, a pine cone and an emergency juice box.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversery!!!

Unknown said...

Happy 7th! Have fun at Harry Potter. I can't wait to see it. I agree, it will be a little weird after seeing Mr. Potter's bits. And him on the cover of a mag proclaiming him one of the world's richest teens. I still love him though. That'll be our next "date".
Terra

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary..I love your blog I always giggle you have the best sense of humor and usually it is hard to get sarcasm to project through writing..27 rocks huh!!?! That would be a great selling point. LOL

Carrie

liz said...

happy anniversary, you two!
hope you have a great night out.

the toddler bag is super cute, and henry looks so thrilled to be a model. the cutie pie.

see you soon!