Friday, May 11, 2007

Pictures Please & LEAF Part 1

Before I get into telling you about my day, I wanted to let you know that I will be closing the website in the next week or so. I will be doing a complete overhaul and reopening with a bunch of new and awesome stuff. Part of the revamp is going to be having Crankypants in action! If you have a great picture of your wee beastie in a pair of Crankypants and you don't mind them being shown off, please email me the picture at info @ crankypantshome.com (no spaces). Even if you have already sent me the picture, do it again! That way I can have them all in one place and I will know that you don't mind me using it on the site. Thanks!

Well, today was the first day of this Spring's Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF). I headed out at about 3 and met Kyle and Henry out there. I was worried that we were going to fry in the sun all day, but it actually sprinkled a bit when we first got there and that cooled everything down. We even got a pretty amazing rainbow, though Henry wasn't sure it was "bright enough". Kyle is a photographer for the festival so he took a ton of amazing pictures. Unfortunately, most of them are of the kids performing with the artists, not of Henry- a departure from the norm for us. I don't have a single picture of him to post! There are some amazing shots of the kids, but I don't feel comfortable posting them without permission. Tomorrow I'll have to remind Kyle to get Henry, too! Tomorrow is the big instrument building workshop with Billy Jonas. I have been collecting recyclable materials for this workshop for months, so it will be a nice payoff to see the kids having fun and creating instruments with them. They are always so proud of their creations.

I finished Samantha's pair of monster shorts. Her daughter drew a picture and she asked me to tone down the colors a bit and knit them up. I want to wait until I have some sunlight to get a picture. This means that I am officially into the May list.

1. Angelika
2. Megan
3. Keitha
4. Mandy
5. Robin
6. Kelly
7. Kristin

No comments: