Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Great Thaw

Wow. AVLSnomg! Snopocolypse! Whatever you want to call it, the past week has been a blur of school closings, car scrapings, white knuckle driving and cabin fever! Henry finally went back to school on Friday (after a 2 hour delay) just in time for a 3 day weekend.

I wish I could say that being stuck in the house made me super productive, cranking out tons of amazingness and keeping the house spotless. Um...no. I am looking down the barrel of a 4 day work week that needs to be expanded to squeeeeeze in all the things I am blaming snow days for keeping me from doing last week. Let's see how that works out, shall we?

Though I haven't touched my sewing machine in a while and shipping was seriously delayed on some things last week, one thing the snow didn't stop me from doing is knitting. Nothing goes better with a snow day than a big ole skein of wool.







This afternoon I'll be heading over to The Dry Goods Shop for my very first Sisters in Stitches meet up. I'm looking forward to getting out and having some knits and purls with local crafty peeps. I'll be home just in time to have dinner with some loverly friends we haven't had over in a while. Before all that fun begins I desperately need to clean this place up. The sun may be melting the snow outside the door, but we have plenty of signs of the snopololypse rocking strong in here. I also think we are going to force Henry away from his screens and into the kitchen for a family tamale making extravaganza. Attendance mandatory.

Wish me luck.

No comments: