Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Rooooocket Run!

Something that took up a great deal of my time last month was the tail end of planning the first Annual 5K Rocket Run for Henry's school. As fund raising chair I've worked hard to design fund raising activities that are more about building community and less about selling wrapping paper, and a 5K seemed like a great way to do that. If I had known how much work it would be I might have just brought out the Tupperware catalog, but I'm glad I didn't! The race finally took place on the 24th and was a raging success. We had about 100 runners and raised about $1700!


Henry goofing around with his friends Owen and Ava after the kid's fun run.


Our awesome principal (in pink) and LG approaching the finish line.


Kyle even made it all 3.1 miles! You can tell by his outfit that he isn't usually a runner...


Jonathan and Mary coming into the finish.

My friend Annie even wore her fancy silver dress to run it! WooHoo!

We are already looking forward to next year and the ways we can make it a staple of the West Asheville landscape. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported us!

1 comment:

liz said...

so awesome, amy!
looks like a great success, and lots of fun. you couldn't ask for more ;)