Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Final Countdown!

Right out of the gate, let me apologize for getting that song stuck in your head on such a lovely Saturday morning. That was just plain mean.

I'm referring, of course, to the fact that we begin back to school today!!! First grade here we come!!! Exclamation!!!

Technically, today is only meet the teacher day so we'll be home at noon... but I'm counting it. I have had a great time with Henry this summer, but I am so excited to get back to a routine. When I am out of routine I get cranky and things fall through the cracks. No good.

It is a good thing I'll have a routine soon, too, because there are some exciting things happening next month! I just finished my end of a collaboration with the fabulous Lindsay of Ky Baby Knits that I am excited about, and Venus Vanguard is having a month of WEEKLY stockings in September! I am still in the planning stages on most of these, but am really hoping to pull it out and stock at least one item for 3 of the 4 stockings.

September 3rd I'll be stocking something inspired by Alice in the Rose Garden.
September 10th I'll be helping a wee beastie to fit right in at The Wild Rumpus.
September 17th I'll be taking a break as my Venus sisters stock items inspired by Freaky Friday, tackling things outside of their specialty.
September 24th I'll be paying tribute to the amazing John Hughes with a little something Pretty in Pink.

Okay. It is time to tame my own wild beastie. Note to self: do not let a child who has 73 pounds of unruly-on-a-good-day hair go to bed with a wet head the night before Meet the Teacher...

No comments: