Tuesday, November 04, 2008

NaBloPoMo

Wha?

According to my friend Liz over at Cozy Blue November is NaBloPoMo- National Blog Posting Month. I've decided to join her i trying to post every day this month, even if it is only a picture or tiny little something. 'm going to try to take the opportunity to answer some questions people sent in and post some of the photo contest entries.

Liz also tagged me in that "7 Random Things" thingie a while back, so I thought that might be a nice, fluffy post on such a nail biting day.

1. I love frozen candy. As soon as we realized how much candy we had left over from Halloween, I immediately picked out a handful of favorites and threw them in the freezer. Kyle thinks I'm a nutball, but it is so much better that way! The absolute best? Frozen Strawberry Charleston Chews. The only place I know to find Charleston Chews these days is Mast General downtown. Yum.

2. I have seen the movie Gleaming the Cube about 750 times.

3. I am addicted to Wurdle on my iPhone. I whip it out whenever I'm standing in line or waiting for Henry to get out of school. I can't sem to beat my current high score, though.

4. I have "hitchhikers thumb". I was going to post a picture of a hitchhikers thumb but all the ones I could find look gross. In reality, you wouldn't know about it until I threw you a thumbs up. Which I am very unlikely to do.

5. A newscaster just reported that Barack Obama has returned to "his home state of Chicago" and my eyes almost rolled out of my head.

6. My favorite non-profit organization is Kiva.org where you can give microloans to people trying to start and expand small businesses in developing nations. It is such an amazing program.

7. I am incapable of ignoring election day completely! If you email me a picture of yourself with an "I Voted" sticker and your address I will send you a super cool Crankypants sticker. GO VOTE!

Here's a picture Anita sent in of her wee little Hokie, Sylvia, hanging out at the Virginia Tech duck pond. My brother and sister in law are Tech alumni, so I'm sure they'll love this one!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Can I just say that Gleaming the Cube is what started my teenage love infatuation with Christian Slater!

Sarah said...

I had to comment. I LOVE Gleaming the Cube, and now, I think I'm going to need to find a copy since I haven't watched it in years.

Also, I voted, but since I'm an American living in Canada, I don't get a sticker - just an envelope to send off.