Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow Days!

Tuesday afternoon we were a frolicking in the crocus patch that had sprung up along our front patch. My left hand has really been acting up so I spent the morning doing taxes and the afternoon at my crafty mama friend Liz's house, hijacking her kitchen table and sewing away on a stack of monster bibs. Sewing with a new machine is weird and there are a couple of wonkers in the pile, so keep your eyes peeled for seconds popping up on Hyena Cart later this week.

Yesterday we woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground. No school. Somehow, amidst all of the Star Wars reenactments, LEGO building and whatnot I did manage to meet my goal of finishing the pair of longies I was working on my day's end. I'll post pictures later. I even got a little bit done on my very last pair of board shorts for the month. Woot. If I can finish them by tomorrow I'll actually come in on time for the month, which will be a minor miracle.

Making this goal a little more difficult...another snow day today. I think I saw 2 flakes out there. Kyle has sworn that he will keep henry occupied for part of the day, but he has to go into work this morning (apparently the roads are too dangerous for kids, but just fine for teachers) so I am on Henry duty until he gets home.

The first of the month is coming up fast, so I'm going to repost my customs information:

I open for custom orders via email (info[at]crankypantshome[dot]com) on the first of each month. All you have to do is email me on the first between 10am and 12 noon EST letting me know that you would like to place a custom order. I take as many orders as I can for the month (using a random number generator). It starts all over again each month. I know it is crazy, but it is the only way that works for the time being. Crankypants longies run from $78-90 and shorties from $50-65 depending on measurements and design. I do my very best to complete all custom orders the month the order is taken so, depending where you fall on the list, turnaround time is anywhere between 1-5 weeks. I do ship anywhere in the world for an additional charge depending on destination. I do not currently and do not plan to sell the Crankypants pattern. It is all in my little head and to translate it from Amyspeak into language that is actually understandable would be a chore I am not up to tackling.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at info@crankypantshome.com

Also, my first auction is going up over at Hyena Cart at 10 this morning if you are interested.

Oh, and for someone who asked a couple of days ago (sorry for the late reply) the Dr. Seuss stocking will take place over at Venus Vanguard on March 7th at 8pm. If you click that link you will see a bunch of things left over from last month's movie stocking, but by the 7th look for it to be chock full of Seussiness. I am planning on having a pair of super fancy hand dyed organic BFL board shorts, some felted items, and maybe a Wocket or two, we'll see...

No comments: