Friday, January 25, 2008

Sleep Deprivation, Boo! Indie Coffee Roasters, Yay!

Henry decided to wake up at the ripe old hour of 2:45 this morning. I laid down with him to try to get him to go back to sleep and he tossed an turned for a while but every time I tried to get up he woke up and cried. Bah. I spend the hours of 2:45-5am snatching sleep in 3 minute increments with my face smushed up against the safety rail and two decidedly pokey knees digging into my back. I finally snuck back to bed at 5am for exactly 11 minutes and then Henry was up for the day. *yawn*

Thanks goodness for...

Uber Geek Coffee Roasters!!!

I have been hearing buzz about this coffee from a lot of my hard workin', hard (coffee) drinkin' mama friends so I finally splurged on a pound of their Kenya Ruiru Oaklands Estate Peaberry whole bean deliciousness. It somehow managed to peel my eyelids open one at a time this morning. I even made Henry a wholesome and tasty lunch instead of sacking out on the couch and forcing him to eat whatever horrid, fried-something-on-a-biscuit they are no doubt serving for lunch at school. Now if that isn't a testimonial for a damn fine cup of coffee, I don't know what is.

Uber Geek, I give you the Special Agent Dale Cooper Award for the best coffee I've had in a really long time.



Now.

Anyone know where I can get a nice big slice of cherry pie?

No comments: