Friday, December 14, 2007

Tagged! I'm it?

I have been tagged by Jess over at Quilt Baby, so here goes.

The rules ::
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Random and weird, huh? I think I did this once before and I can't remember what I wrote, so forgive me if I repeat myself. I tend to do that...

1. I knit backwards. Or left handed. Or Continental if you want to get all fancy about it. I have no idea how this happened as my mom is the one who taught me and she knits with her right hand like a normal person. I think it is kind of the same thing as "goofy footed" in skate/snowboarding. It makes it so I never have to teach anyone how to knit because they can't figure out what the heck I'm doing. Which is good because, not being a technical knitter and using complicated knitting jargon like "whosamabob" and "whatsis" (e.g. "Take that whosamabob and wind it around that whatsis to make a short row") makes it difficult for me to explain myself anyway.

2. I am addicted to horrible teen dramas and various bad movies. I DVR Gossip Girl and watch it when the boys go to school. I have seen the movies A Knight's Tale and Drive Me Crazy about a million times a piece. It kind of carries over into music, too. I just made Kyle download the new(ish) Justin Timberlake CD so i can listen to it when I go to the gym. It's a sickness, really. And it's in such opposition to the rest of my personality that it is kind of laughable.

3. I once rear ended a cement truck in such a way that it released cement all over the hood of my car. Yeah. really.

4. I have a mad crush on Ira Glass from This American Life on NPR. I'm sure I've talked about that before. I just adore him. And he has admitted to being a huge fan of The OC, so we are all set on that front. He'd probably sit and watch Gossip Girl with me and follow all of the juicy plot lines (Is Blaire really sleeping with Chuck Bass? Ew.) instead of teasing me mercilessly like Kyle does.

5. I am the lightest sleeper on Earth. If the sheets are too wrinkly or the blankets are messed up I can't sleep. If I can hear the murmur of the TV on in the other room, I can't sleep. If there is the smallest bit of light coming in the room, I can't sleep. My dearest son seems to be following in my footsteps and he wants me to lay with him for a while every time he wakes up at night. No, I can't sleep shmooshed into the 3" space between the safety rail and my darling dearest 4 year old who takes up way more space than he should. Needless to say, I don't get much sleep. Hence my unabashed adoration of all things caffeinated. Especially coffee, sweet sweet coffee...

Okay, those are my 5 things. Now I have to tag 5 other folks. Ugh. I suck at this, especially since I would usually tag Jess, but I don't think tag backs are allowed. Dern it.

1. Liz over at Cozy Blue. I know she said she's taking a blog break, let's she if she can resist...

2. Joyce from Ellie Belly, who dyes up the prettiest yarn in the universe.

3. Kirstin, my loverly sister in law, over at Bless Our Mess.

4. Parikha at {the brown sheep} whose blog I loooove reading and pictures I oogle over.

5. The mama behind Joey and Althea because even though I don't even know her name she totally seems like someone I would want to hang out with.

Tag. You're it.

1 comment:

joeyandaleethea said...

Yaay! Thank you so much for tagging me - I've been a total slacker lately - but I'll let you know when I get that post going. Your knit pants? Completely super cute goodness.