Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stuffs...

Ah, so much to blog about, so little time...

First of all, Life and Style. I got my wires crossed with the editor I was speaking to since we've been communicating via voice mail since I've been out of town. The issue of the magazine that the Monster Booty Longies are in is supposed to come out today, not Monday. Sorry to anyone who bought the previous issue looking for it. I looked for it when I was at Target this morning but the old issue was still out so I haven't actually seen it yet. If you want to check it out, I think that Brad Pitt is on the cover of the correct issue. Now if we can just get Shiloh in some Crankypants...

I haven't talked much about my trip because I've been scrambling to catch up since I got home. I had an amazing visit. My friend Paul picked me up at the airport and we went to pick up Bam at her fancypants new office on the UM campus. It was completely surreal being with Paul (who I haven't seen since before Henry was born) on campus without Henry. It kind of felt like some It's a Wonderful Life life without Henry experience. We did a lot of eating and seeing old friends and I took a grand total of 4 pictures the whole time I was there. I went to Tree City Diapers to see Molly's new digs. It is pretty amazing.


Meet Ms. Willow:

And Bam and Willow:

While I was there, Bam got a phone call from a friend letting her know that her book had been mentioned in the latest issue of Vibe magazine. A comedian suggested it as a gift for hard to shop for folks. She was also asked to write a piece on female comedians for Ms. Magazine while I was there. I think I might be good luck or something.

I was excited to see Henry and Kyle but it was really hard to leave all the kids up north. There are so many people up there that I unabashedly adore. I miss them already.

Enough rambling. I finished Sabra's Olive and Zelia's Black Monster Booty Longies:



ETA:

I just did the final update of the Miracle Diapers Charity Lottery over at HC. I am begging you to please not crash my PayPal and email accounts by rushing to nab all 500 donation slots at once. I will have a heart attack and spend the next week trying to sort it out instead of knitting. No fun. Please, please, please!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Ugh - waited too long I guess, best of luck to all the mamas who got their tickets and Amy I'll bet your pp is tired out :)