Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rock Fumes...

Ugh! I told the folks over at LEAF that I would make them about 20 record bowls to use at the LEAF in Schools and Streets fund raiser on Wednesday night. Kyle and Henry are in bed and the house has cooled off from another incredibly hot day so I thought it would be a good idea to crank some out. For those of you who have never done it, you can make a bowl out of a record by placing it over a bowl and putting it in the oven for a few minutes. It softens enough from the heat that you can shape it. Anyway. 8 bowls later I am kind of buzzed and kind of ill from vinyl fumes and had to call it quits. I got distracted and left the last one in too long so it got too hot. Not good. I'll have to finish the others over the next couple of days. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: