Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oy.

It is only Tuesday and I fear that this week is out to get me.

Yesterday was my first day back at work, which meant that Henry had to go hang out with his friend McKai and my friend Melissa while I went, since his school doesn't start until next Monday. Fine. As quickly as I thought I moved, I was still 5 minutes late. And forgot my keys. So I was 5 minutes late and locked out of the building. With everyone else at a staff meeting. Oops. Finally someone had to pee and saw me wildly gesturing for assistance. I ran into the staff meeting (where everyone turned to look at me, of course) forgetting to punch in, just in time to hear about the new policy on forgetting to punch in. Oops.

At noon, I raced out the door to go get Henry and try to pick up any leftover things of mine that didn't sell at Wee Trade. Generally I would let them be donated, but I had put our Kelty ROdgeline in the sale and didn't want that going to Goodwill. I got to Henry at 12:30 and pick up (clear across town, of course) ended at 1:30 so we didn't have time to chat. I sped off across town and Henry fell asleep in the car (of course) so I had to make that decision of whether or not it would be okay to leave him in the car for a minute. I hate that. I parked in the shade right outside the door and hauled ass in and out in about 2.5 seconds. And the Kelty had sold after all so I had driven the car all the way across town for nothing. And Henry woke up as soon as I parked the car in front of my house. Of course.

Today I was bound and determined not to be late. Henry was apparently trying to help me achieve this goal as well. He woke me up at 6:00 to ask if he could watch a movie. Wha? By 7:20 we were out the door and I got to work on time! Woo! After I picked Henry up I had 2 appointments to pick up art pieces for the LEAF benefit auction. I got lost and ended up dragging Henry to 3 different studios in about 8 bajillion degrees. He fell asleep on the way to the last studio. When did he wake up and decide to be the crankiest person in all the world? When I parked in front of our house. Say it with me folks... of course. I am currently forcing him to take a nap, even though he insists he doesn't need one. I have yet to discover what is so torturous about napping. 9 days out of 10 I would kill puppies for a nap. Okay, maybe I wouldn't actually kill puppies, but you get the gist.Naps are your friend. Go to sleep, you crazy person!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what Amy, I don't think it gets any easier when they are older, life just seems to present itself with different problems. Sometimes I wonder if perhaps we have got living right, have done a little reading on the Quaker way of life. Hmmmmm interesting, but no crankypants :(

Jaime said...

Yikes! Don't just love it when they are so, SO cranky just in time to get home? I guess that really could be better than in the middle of errands! Hope the rest of the week is better for you!