Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mahar Mele

Remember last month when there was an accidental oversell at Mahar Dry Goods and I honored the extra sales and made 8 pairs of longies instead of my usual three? Well this month he kept orders open for half the time and took 11 orders! Mahar has not had to have inventory control software before, so the site was not equipped to handle the undeniable force of the hyena shopper! Unfortunately, with all that is going on right now, I am unable to make the extra orders this time. All but the first 3 people who placed orders will be getting a full refund for their purchase and a heartfelt apology from Robert.

To make sure this doesn't happen again Robert is implementing a new system. You will no longer be able to order Crankypants directly from Mahar with a Buy It Now type of system. There will be a running waiting list. The list will start with the folks who received a refund this month. After that it will go to the Request Restock Notice list. If you haven't been getting restock notification emails, go sign up again to make sure you're on the list. There will be no more mass restock emails.

Here is a link to Robert's blog post about the whole situation:
Crankypants News at Mahar Dry Goods

I know this is a pain in the (monster) booty but trust me when I say that Robert is working just as hard as I am to make this work for everyone. I have gotten many emails from him in the last 12 hours trying to figure out how to make sure everyone can be handled as fairly as possible, the last one coming at 5:30 this morning. He has been up all night trying to fix this. I know it is super frustrating, but please try to be understanding. I think the waiting list system will work out much better in the long run.

I am not in charge of this list and I can't put you on it. The only way to get on the list is to the product page of the style you want and click the "Request Restock Notice" button. You can email me or comment with questions if you'd like but I might not have the answers. I don't know the ins and outs of how it will work as far as how many pairs you can order at a time or how to keep track of your place on the list. I don't know that stuff.

I'll have an actual wool picture later (imagine that!) and have a couple more pairs in the works. I'm hoping to start finishing them quicker now that I did a few bodies while waiting for colors to come in. We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures!