Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sickies!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Today started great! I woke up to an email from Jen of My Perennial who lives in Budapest and has so generously offered to help facilitate a relationship between Crankypants and a local womens' artisan cooperative telling me that they have "Master Artisan" knitters there who can very likely help me out. It is rare to have someone like Jen who is willing to make initial introductions, so I am eternally grateful for that. We spent the morning over at Jess's house. She had some hand work to do, ironing, cutting and piecing, and I got lots of finishing done as well while the boys played. We even had a little baby modeling session with her younger son, Ethan, and a pair of Monkeybum longies.







Then it took a turn for the worse. Henry took a wicked long nap and woke up with a 102.5 fever. He seemed pretty okay, in good spirits and whatnot, until he just started whimpering and crying on the couch. He wouldn't let me retake his temperature but he felt even hotter than the 102.5 so I gave him some Tylenol. He bounced back after the fever broke, but he woke up this morning in that same sad state, whimpering and crying and hot, hot, hot. I am waiting a few hours to see if I need to call his doc or not. Ugh. The timing couldn't be worse, with an all day travel day tomorrow. Poop. Luckily, Jess's kids (so far *knock on wood*) are fine so hopefully they won't get it, too, whatever it is.

Pth.

In knitting news, I am starting the crotch increasing on Shannon's "deep olive" monster longies. With the little man down for the count the chances of me getting them done before we leave are at about.002%.

Coffee please.

No comments: